The resources listed here are ones that I have personally used and can recommend to save or earn some extra money!
Please note that some of these are affiliate links. I only list ones that I can personally recommend and would not ever randomly suggest a product that I haven’t tested myself. For more information, please read my disclosure.
Money Back Apps & Websites
- Raise.com is an awesome website where users can sell their old gift cards at the price that they set. They can be discounted up to 30% by the seller. On top of that, Raise.com runs specials that discount some cards even further. Amazing, right?Now, I know exactly what you’re thinking – used gift cards, yikes! But before you jump ship, hear me out. The great part is that Raise.com has a 1 year guarantee for any card purchased. If it doesn’t show up (physical card), has less available than expected, or any other problem, you just contact them within a year of purchase and they’ll replace it. Easy peasy!
More importantly, there are no fees, sales tax, processing or shipping fees ever. So the price you see is the price you pay, period.
- Straight Talk is an amazing alternative to contract phones. We’ve had their service for well over a year and love it! Straight Talk lets you bring your own phone or buy one from them, and is a month-to-month service. So if you don’t like it, there’s no contract to break. The difference between Straight Talk and services like TracPhones is that Straight Talk is unlimited talk and text every month. There are various data levels you can select depending upon your usage. I have the 5GB plan and even if I go over, I’ll still have data available, just at 3G instead of 4G LTE. By switching my husband and I to Straight Talk, we’re saving $60 a month and $720 a year!Learn More about Straight Talk
- Paribus is an app that automatically finds lower pricing on items you’ve already purchased, and files price adjustment claims for you. Just sign up for a free account at Paribus and connect your mailbox where you get receipts sent. Next, shop online as you normally would. If Paribus finds an opportunity for cash back, they file a price adjustment claim for you and you get 100% of the difference back! Learn More about Paribus
- Ibotta is an app that gives rebates for everything from groceries to alcohol to booking a hotel room. They’ve recently overhauled the app and have expanded the stores you can submit receipts from, including some online! To use ibotta, you just unlock the rebates you want after purchasing them, scan their barcodes, and submit images of your receipt. It’s that easy! Get $10 for just for signing up! Learn More about Ibotta
- Ebates is a great cashback program for online purchases. There’s even a browser plugin so that every time you visit a site that gives cashback through Ebates, it alerts you to both rebates as well as discount codes for that site. Ebates offer rebates on a large variety of stores, and has recently included the ability to register your credit card so that your purchases in certain offline stores count as well!
Learn More about Ebates
- TopCashback is very similar to Ebates and works well. It does take a little longer to get your rebates back, but they offer some great rebates. I usually check both sites to see which I can get the higher rebate back from before I make any online purchases. Learn More about TopCashBack
- Swagbucks is a great way to grab some extra cash while watching TV in the evenings or during some down time. It pays you for a variety of activities, including surveys, watching videos and signing up for different offers. I’ve done some in-home surveys through here that turned out to be pretty fun! Learn More about Swagbucks
Side Hustle Resources
- Oh, how do even I start declaring my love for Creative Market?! Creative Market is an amazing resource filled with beautiful graphics, fonts, photographs and even website templates. Everything is inexpensive and so gorgeous – it falls right in line with today’s design trends. I would highly recommend checking them out for any graphics or fonts you might need for creating imagery for your side hustle, including business cards, websites or even brochures. In fact, the font used in my logo and several of the graphics on this site are from Creative Market! Learn More about Creative Market
- Even though I do web design and development as my main job, I didn’t know much about all the different aspects of making money online, including affiliate sales. Until now. I recently took Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing and have already implemented 90% of the strategies discussed in less than a week! Michelle, the creator of the course, is a self-made blogger who pulls in over $100,000 a month – with over $50,000 in affiliates sales alone. The step-by-step affiliate marketing strategy course that shows you how to increase your affiliate income and make more money blogging. It’s broken down in easy to understand modules and includes some freebies such as increasing pageviews, Pinterest strategies, and how to get approved for affiliate programs on your first try. Learn More about Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
- I joined the Billionaire Blog Club, or the BBC as members refer to it, in December 2017. I was looking for a new Pinterest strategy to help boost my pageviews. The BBC is run by a man named Paul Scrivens, who successfully runs a multitude of blogs in different niches. His blog topics include health and wellness, personal finance, beauty/fashion, and motherhood, just to name a few.
After reviewing several ebooks and courses, I decided to opt for the BBC due to the variety of content that was available. I liked that one price got me a lifetime membership to multiple courses and the Slack community, unlike the singular courses and ebooks that I knew I would not be likely to go back to. This would be a resource I could use daily.
Printable Debt & Savings Trackers Just for You!
Use these free debt & savings tracking printables to help you track and achieve all of your financial goals!